When you visit the Columbia County Rental Facilities & Venues website, a part of Columbia County, GA, we use automated tools to log information about each visit. We process this information in the aggregate to determine site performance issues, popular pages, most frequently downloaded forms, and other site performance characteristics. This information does not identify you personally. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits, unless filling out the contact or expedited booking forms.
Effective Date: June 2018
Information We Collect
Information You Give Us.
When you interact with our website, you may choose to provide information that could reasonably be used to identify you specifically (“Personal Information”), such as your contact information (e.g., name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number). You may also choose to provide information that is demographic, aggregated, or does not otherwise identify you specifically (“Non-Personal Information”), such as your gender, ZIP code, or other information when that information is not used with Personal Information.
Information We Automatically Collect or Receive When You Use Our Website.
Whenever you interact with our website, we, as well as any of our third-party service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the websites are accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, among other things:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your geographic location (if you consent to that) (for example, when you check-in or walk-in to a location); which may be collected using various technologies such as Wi-Fi, GPS or Bluetooth, while you are actively using the website and/ or while the website is running in the background of your Device;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the website;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the website; and
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded.
Usage Information does not typically identify you (and thus we treat it as Non-Personal Information), but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we will treat it as Personal Information.
In the course of collecting Usage Information, we may also automatically collect your IP address, Wi-Fi MAC address, Bluetooth MAC address, or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, Wi-Fi card, technology or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the website.
A Device Identifier could also be a randomly-generated group of numbers and letters that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers.
When you visit the website, we may collect your Device Identifier. A Device Identifier does not typically identify you, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we will treat it as Personal Information.
Cookies and Similar Technologies.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information through the website. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional, useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of web browsers.
How We Use the Information We Collect or Receive
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Compile demographic statistics about our users;
- Provide you with information and advertisements about our own products or services;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about products, services, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
- Contact you with surveys, legal notices, and other information that may be relevant to your use of the website;
- Maintain or administer the website, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the website, and other products and services we offer;
- Publish comments, images, video submissions and other information posted in our interactive online features; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
How We Share the Information We Collect or Receive
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand how we may share the information we collect.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as to host the website, manage databases, host a store or other e-commerce platform, sweepstakes or promotion, perform analyses, or send communications for us.
- Other Parties When Required By Law or as Necessary to Protect the website. We may disclose your information to third parties in order to protect the legal rights, safety, and security of our website, our member organizations and the users of our website; prevent fraud (or for risk management purposes); and comply with or respond to law enforcement or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government or other entity, whether or not legally required.
- Aggregate Information. We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports.
You have a number of choices about how we handle information we collect or receive about you.
Your Choice Not to Share Your Information or Receive Promotional Messages. You may always direct us not to share your Personal Information with third parties (other than our service providers), not to use your Personal Information to provide you with promotional information or offers, or newsletters, emails or other communications by: (i) sending us an email at email@example.com; (ii) contacting us by mail at Columbia County Rental Facilities & Venues, 3300 Evans-to-Locks Road, Martinez, GA 30907; or (iii) following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive.
- Your Choice to Correct/Delete/Modify Your Information. If you wish to modify, verify, correct, or delete any of your Personal Information collected through the website, you may edit your registered user information or contact us at the above address or email. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the websites. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. It may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
- Cookies. To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of cookies you receive from us, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your web browser’s cookie folder by us, please refer to your web browser’s help menu or other instructions related to your web browser. If you do disable or opt out of receiving cookies from us, please be aware that some features and services on the website may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your account(s). You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of web browsers.
- Location-Based Services. If you do not want the website to use your specific location-based information, please refrain from using a location-based service, click “DON’T ALLOW” (or a similar response) when your mobile Device requests your location-based information, or turn off of the website’s access to your location-based information through the settings on your mobile Device. You understand, however, that if you turn off the website’s location-based services, you may not have access to all the features necessary to use the website.
We have adopted security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information we collect and receive. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to our website and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any access to or use of the website using your password, whether or not authorized by you. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
Our website is directed to a general audience. Our website does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not submit any personal information through our website.
Links to Third Party Sites and Services
Users Outside the U.S.
Columbia County Rental Facilities & Venues is a department within Columbia County, GA, and, regardless of where you use our website or otherwise provide information to us, the information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the U.S. Please note that U.S. privacy laws, regulations, and standards may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our website, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the U.S.
If you have any comments or questions, you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Columbia County Rental Facilities & Venues, 3300 Evans-to-Locks Road, Martinez, GA 30907.